Updated: Mar 19, 2020
Seriously, I made this recipe on Monday and have CRAVED it ever since. This recipe was so easy and delicious! I even did my happy food dance as I was eating it...*yes I just admitted I have a happy food dance!* I really do not need to give this much of an introduction except to say it really only takes 10 minutes. It is THAT easy! I promise!!
I made margarita pizzas but don't be afraid to play with the toppings and make it your own! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
OH!! And I paired this with an Asian salad filled with yummy bok choy and carrot slaw! (Recipe to come soon!)
Alright! Let's get cookin' and spend some thyme together ya'll! Per the usual I included the basic ingredients you need for this recipe, the ingredients I used, and directions to follow along. If you modified something, then skip that step or replace the step with your own ingredient!
Keep It Simple | Just The Basics:
1-2 Medium - Large Portobello Mushrooms (or 3-4 Sliders) Per Person
Thyme For Mine | Make it With Me:
6 Medium Portobello Mushrooms
4-6 TBSP Olive Oil
3-4 Cloves Garlic chopped/minced
1-2 TBSP Thyme
2 Cups Simple Pizza Sauce (about 1-2 TBSP per mushroom cap)
Campari Tomatoes Sliced
Fresh Basil (1-2 per Portobello Mushroom)
1. Preheat oven to high broil
2. Combine olive oil, garlic, & thyme in small sauce pan over super low heat
3. Let olive oil mixture cook down 3-5 minutes to soften garlic & infuse oil (this will take the bitter bite out of the garlic) *careful not to burn the garlic*
TIP: This should be more oil than garlic/thyme to make it more of a sauce. If you have extra just throw it in an air tight container and refrigerate for another dish like garlicy pasta or round two of these yummy pizzas.
4. Remove from heat and set aside
5. Clean & destem Portobello mushrooms--> Follow this Super Tip for easy instructions!
6. Line baking sheet with parchment OR grab oven safe baking dish
7. Dip the Portobello Cap in olive oil mixture
8. Place on baking sheet or dish
9. Add a drizzle of olive oil mixture inside mushroom cap
10. Fill with about 1-2 TBSP of your favorite pizza sauce
11. Add a small handful of mozzarella to each mushroom
12. Add toppings--I used Tomatoes & Hand torn basil
13. Add another small handful of mozzarella
14. Throw in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown & yummy!
Seriously...now it is time to just ENJOY! :D