In the instant pot you say? YES please! I'll take that one to the grave... ( too far? Lol!)
Seriously though, I am starting to absolutely LOVE my instant pot…especially when I am able to cook my favorite foods in a short period of time! One of those is farro!
For those of you new to farro, it is an ancient whole grain. It is packed full of fiber, nutrients, and proteins that make it a great substitute for rice, pasta, and other empty carbs.
Ok enough about the benefits, let's talk about how to cook it!
Alright! Let's get cookin' and spend some thyme together ya'll! Per the usual I included the basic ingredients you need for this recipe, the ingredients I used, and directions to follow along. If you modified something, then skip that step or replace the step with your own ingredient!
Instant Pot Farro
Keep It Simple | Just The Basics:
Follow the package instructions..... (yes...really)
OR follow these instructions ;)
2 1/4 Cups Water or Broth
Salt if desired
Thyme For Mine | Make it With Me:
Follow the package instructions 2 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 TBSP Unsalted Butter
1 TSP Turmeric
1 TSP Fines Herbs
1. Set instant pot to simmer
2. Add farro and butter to pot and allow to mix together for a minute
3. Add water or broth
4. Add herbs and spices
5. Set instant pot to pressure cook on high with valve closed
6. Set timer to 15 minutes
7. Allow to cook (may release steam while cooking)
8. Once done, hit slow release valve, then quick release
9. Taste, if it's hard put it back on for 5 minutes, if there is left over water, drain and serve