Updated: Oct 3, 2018
Don't worry, it is just Eggplant coming to the party here! Eggplant is fabulous because it takes on whatever flavor you want to introduce. I grew up with a bit of a different version of eggplant Parmesan than John. He grew up in an Italian family and remembers a delicious, breaded, goodness. I, however, grew up with NAKED eggplant parm! Yes…You heard it here first…my eggplant was naked! I promise you, it was not devoid of flavor and it was simple enough that we could throw it together in just a few minutes and toss it in the oven. Here is a super duper simple, and oh my goodness yummy & healthy, way to make one of my favorites…. Naked Eggplant Parm!
Alright! Let's get cookin' and spend some thyme together ya'll! Per the usual I included the basic ingredients you need for this recipe, the ingredients I used, and directions to follow along. If you modified something, then skip that step or replace the step with your own ingredient!
Keep It Simple | Just The Basics:
Thyme For Mine | Make it With Me:
Sunday Funday Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Slice Eggplant into 1/2- 1" rounds
3. Place two or three scoops of sauce in baking dish
4. Place sliced eggplant flat on top of sauce without overlapping
5. Add a dollop of sauce on each eggplant
6. Crumble mozzarella on top (you can also sprinkle a little thyme or rosemary on top for added flavor)
7. Bake 25-30 minutes until cheese is golden brown
Et Voila! Yummy, delicious baked goodness!